April is National Poetry Month, and writers and aspiring writers are encouraged to join many others (experienced and beginner poets) in the exciting free challenge: the 2015 April Poem-A-Day (PAD) Challenge. Each day’s poems will be judged by a top flight guest judge, who is a well-known poet.
Each day’s winning poem is to be published in a special anthology from Words Dance Publishing titled Poem Your Heart Out, Volume 2. This challenge is completely free. According to Writer’s Digest, everyone is volunteering their time and energy to make this a fun event for all.
All you need to do is visit the Poetic Asides blog each morning on the WritersDigest.com site, log in to post your comment (creating an account is free), and have fun throughout the month. And even though, it’s already April 2, there’s still plenty of time to catch up.
Today’s pompt is “secrets.” I am not the best of poets. But here’s the short effort I submitted:
A thing exists
by being known
within our scope
Your secret is
your own and well
but never was
- April is National Poetry Month (bobbiblogger.wordpress.com)
- If you want to be a poetic writer, read and write poetry (onewildword.com)
- National Poetry Month Challenge (logophilius.blogspot.com)
- Poetry Daily for Kids (imaginationsoup.net)
- Hey kids! Write to a poet during National Poetry Month (chron.com)
- That which is most ruthlessly and lovingly excavated – NATIONAL POETRY MONTH 2015: THE 30/30 CHALLENGE, ROUND 3 (littlewritingman.com)