Don’t miss Procyon Descent, available to read for free online while it is entered in the Beyond Time Science Fiction Writing Contest.
Inkitt hosts writing contests for readers to vote. The Beyond Time contest is open from June 22 through July 27. Stories can be new or previously published. Guidelines and free stories to read and vote on are available at Inkitt’s site.
Procyon Descent was one of the first short stories I published. It’s a chilling tale about colonists near the end of a generations long traverse from Earth to Procyon. Supplies are low and the survival of the colony is in question. This close to the end something must be done, and something is done. At the end of it all there is the hope of human survival. But the cost is great. I hope you enjoy it.
- Short Stories for Father’s Day (dailytwocents.com)
- Mo Rocca Catches Up With Renowned American Short Story Writer George Saunders (feelguide.com)
- Romantic Birthday Messages – what to write on a card? (serenataflowers.com)
- Express Yourself: Short Story Writing (parentingzoo.com)
- Short Story Day Africa – 21 June (writerswrite.co.za)
- Short stories and other units of distraction (timescolumns.typepad.com)
- Why Science Fiction Must Err on the Side of Diversity (nancipants.com)
- Civilization: Beyond Earth video takes a look at Rising Tide’s aquatic gameplay (vg247.com)