Romance Writers of America is in the middle of an 11-week series of interactive video-chat events highlighting the 2013 RITA Award finalist authors. This is a terrific opportunity for fans and followers to meet one another and ask their favorite authors questions face-to-face in an intimate online environment. RWA hosts the events in a fun Q&A format through Shindig.com.
Participation is free. You’ll need internet access, and if you want to participate via video, you’ll need a webcam and computer microphone. Only the first 1,000 RSVPs can be granted access to each weekly event. At each event, one participant will win a set of that week’s finalist books.
Each event begins at 8 p.m. Eastern time, 5 p.m. Pacific. The next session is tomorrow, featuring the finalists in Short Contemporary Series Romance with Jessica Hart, Day Leclaire, Susan Meier, Sarah Morgan, Robin Perini, Christine Rimmer, and Loreth Anne White. The moderator will be Sarah Wendell (Smart Bitches, Trashy Books).
After tomorrow, the schedule is:
- Inspirational Romance June 6, with Elizabeth Camden, Jennifer Delamere, Robin Lee Hatcher, Rachel Hauck, Marta Perry, Cheryl Reavis, Missy Tippens, and Becky Wade.
- Best First Book June 13, with Kristen Callihan, Sharon Lynn Fisher, Huntley Fitzpatrick, Anna Lee Huber, Katie McGarry, and Simone St. James.
- Young Adult Romance June 20, with Robin LaFevers, Katie McGarry, Emily McKay, and Erica O’Rourke.
- Long Contemporary Series Romance June 27, with Jean Brashear, Michelle Celmer, Pamela Hearon, and RaeAnne Thayne.
- Romantic Suspense July 11, with Cherry Adair, Cindy Gerard (tentative), Laura Griffin, Bronwyn Parry (tentative), and Sharon Sala.
For more information and to RSVP, go to the RWA Site. Enjoy the chats and find out about those dashing heroes, daring heroines, writing habits, and more!
Already completed were the very successful events for Contemporary Single Title Romance (Barbara Freethy, Barbara Hannay, Ruthie Knox, Kim Law, Roni Loren, Jill Shalvis, and Roxanne St. Claire), Paranormal Romance (Kristen Callihan, Cynthia Eden, Angie Fox, J.T. Geissinger, Larissa Ione, and Maggie Shayne), Romance Novella (Sophie Jordan, Ruthie Knox, Sally MacKenzie, and Jodi Thomas), Historical Romance (Pamela Clare, Cara Elliott, Anne Gracie, Sabrina Jeffries, Jade Lee, and Sarah MacLean) and Novel with Strong Romantic Elements (Maria Geraci, Pamela Hartshorne, Anna Lee Huber, Sharla Lovelace, Kristina McMorris, Jane Myers Perrine, and Simone St. James).