Offered by the Yosemite Romance Writers, a three-week course for novel writers on the art of writing a blurb.
Instructor: Beth Fred
Dates: June 9-27, 2014
“This workshop will teach you to create a clear, concise summary by using the basic seven point plot system. The summary blurb can be used for a query’s synopsis paragraph or as a self-published writer’s blurb. The same system can be used before starting a project to make a strong outline that, with a little tweaking, will serve as the query or blurb later. Participants must have a strong book idea or a completed manuscript. There will be assignments each lesson, and you’ll finish the workshop with a completed blurb.”
About the Instructor
Beth Fred has a B.A. in English and is a MFA candidate at Western Connecticut State University.
Her short story “The Fate Of A Marlowe Girl'” released in the fall of ’12 and the companion “The Other Marlowe Girl” released April of 13.
Her queries have yielded a 50% full request rate.
The cost of the The Art of Blurb Writing is $15 for Yosemite Romance Writers members, and $20 for non-members. YRW courses are open to anyone, so RWA Membership isn’t required.
- The Art of Blurb Writing (westconnmfa.wordpress.com)
- The Art Of Blurbing (the-view-outside.com)
- Introducing Two New Features (of Interest to Writers) (kisawhipkey.com)
- Writing the Darn Blurb! (jobellbooks.wordpress.com)
- Author In The House – Virtual Book Tour Author Beth Fred with The Other Marlowe Girl (authorcameliamironskiba.com)
- Beth Fred’s Book Release: THE OTHER MARLOWE GIRL (coachhays.com)
- This Week’s 10 Query Tips from a Literary Assistant – 05/23/14 (laneheymont.com)
- How To Write A Blurb in 6 Steps (kdfleming.wordpress.com)