Mystery Writers of America SoCal, at its first luncheon in 2015, will present 33-year LAPD veteran Greg Hancock in conversation with author Eric Beetner, along with fellow officers, sharing stories of life on the beat and in the vice squad. Both members and non-members may attend with reservation. An audience Q&A will follow the main discussion.
When: Sunday March 8th, 11:30 am
Where: The Tam O’Shanter, 2980 Los Feliz Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90039
Reservations can be made HERE. Admission is $20 for MWA members, $25 for non-members, $35 at the door without RSVP (space permitting), and includes a three course meal with choice of entrée:
- Prime Rib
- Roast Chicken
- Seasonal Vegetarian Entree
MWA is dedicated to promoting higher regard for crime writing and recognition and respect for those who write within the genre. We provide scholarships for writers, sponsor MWA:Reads (our youth literacy program), sponsor symposia and conferences, present the Edgar® Awards, and conduct other activities to further a better appreciation and higher regard for crime writing.
MWA also works to educate writers and those who aspire to write regarding their rights and interests, and to make writers and readers aware of matters which may affect crime writing through legislation, publishing industry practices, judicial decisions, or in other ways.
THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (SOCAL) CHAPTER
The SoCal Chapter of MWA covers members in California and Nevada below the 36th parallel, as well as all of Arizona and Hawaii. Chapter services include:
- Regular meetings at which members can network and enjoy the company of other writers.
- The March of Crime, a monthly newsletter full of publishing industry and market info, member updates, and chapter news.
- An online mailing list through which any MWA member with Internet access can ask questions and trade information with others on a daily basis.
- A library of members’ works, housed at California State University, Long Beach.
Those interested in joining can learn about the criteria, cost and conditions HERE.